Being a mommy involves putting together a diaper bag every time you leave your home. I been using this check from day one when he was still a newborn till now 7 months old. Getting your Diaper bag together involves planning and of course more time, its a mommy and daddy tag team effort. While daddy is bathing baby and getting him ready, I am usually getting babys diaper bag ready. but don't worry if you don't have a helper to help assist with preparing I promise you can do it all yourself.
1. Kate Spade- I found this cute polka dot diaper bag from the outlet store. We needed to be practical so we chose a unisex handbag just in case we plan on having another baby boy or girl. It has lots of room in it and doesn't look like a diaper bag.
What I love about this bag is that when I'm in a rush and don't want to bring my hand bag, I use this diaper bag. Trust me sounds funny but really his bag is definitely for you . There is enough space for "Mommy stuff" too.
2. Huggies Baby wipes- We use inexpensive wipes for our son since he was still a newborn. I tried using "Honest" baby wipes and it's really good, the only thing is that we don't have much locations here, it's hard to find in Hawaii, only Target stores carry those baby wipes that I am aware of. We drive one hour just to get those wipes so inconvenient, so we then switched to Huggies Natural Wipes it also worked well for him. No allergic reaction at all. Ever since that's the only wipes he uses.
3. Hand Sanitizer- This is a must, babies pee and poop everyday. Whether you're in a car, mall or restaurant the unexpected usually happens it's just natural. So you must have a sanitizer before you touch anything basically.
4. Huggies Diapers- For me I prepare 10 diapers in his bag at a time and some back up in the car.
5. Extra clothes/Bib- What I normally do is change his clothes when he gets cranky into something loose and much comfortable that way he'll feel more relax and clean all the time. Infants can get really messy too so putting extra clothes in that diaper bag will save your day.
6. Hydroflask ( hot or cold )- This thermoflask is what my husband and I use when going out. My son likes his milk "warm" and this liquid container really helps in keeping the H2o warm for hours. Hot or cold it stays like that throughout the day. If breast feeding best to keep in this container its the way to go.
7. Milk "formula powder"- We put it in a small container, disposable containers and don't forget to include the 2 oz measuring spoon. Good enough for the day. We try to keep his diaper bag light as much as possible. We prepare just enough for him.
8. Toys- Have some toys to keep him entertain while on the road trips.
9. Rice rusks- Good when he gets hungry and doesn't want to drink milk yet. It works for our son.
What's in your diaper bag? I'd love to hear from you.
Have a good day fellow mommies!